Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Showoff....Peanut Butter Cups

Sunday Showoff   is where I pick something I absolutely love to show off. 
Today, it's off of Our Family Treat's tasty blog.

Peanut Butter Cups

I made these exactly according to the recipe here, and they were to die for.  If you love Reese'e Peanut Butter Cups, then you need to make these the next time you have somewhere to go.  And the best part....
                                                   
No Baking!


They took about 15 minutes tops to make, and that's with my 2 year old and 7 month old under my feet.  You use the microwave to melt the butter and peanut butter together, and again later to melt the chips.  The rest is just mixing and chilling!  Literally!  Just mix and stick in the fridge.  Several people asked me for the recipe.  I was thinking of maybe finding a candy mold that looks like a peanut butter cup and making them in there next time.  I cut them pretty small because they are pretty rich.  I was also sure that the top chocolate layer would break when I cut into it, but I used  long serated bread knife and it worked like a charm.  Thinking I will make these on Father's Day for the guys in our family.  What guy doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter?  Definitely check out Lindsay's blog and copy this recipe down.  Great when you need to bring something but you don't have any time.  They will make you look like you know what you are doing in the kitchen!  Yahoo!

3 comments:

  1. My husband would be salivating right now if he could see these. Thanks for the tip -- we'll have to give them a try!

    I love your profile picture by the way. I'm a huge Peanuts fan. :)

    Thanks also for following along with me at Sugar Tails. I really look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...thanks for sharing! I am glad that you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Thanks. My mom used to make those. Yum.

    ReplyDelete